Flag: C.S.A. Flag (Miniature, Combined First and Second National Patterns)
This flag was made in April 1864 by Marie Louise Taylor from fragments of the first Confederate flag raised in Talladega. The flag is similar in form to both the first and second national Confederate flags having a battle flag canton and three stripes (two red, one white). The flag is inscribed with dates of significance, poetry and the abbreviated names of the southern states.
The flag was donated to the Alabama Department of Archives and History
by Mrs. Taylor1 on January 14, 1908.
1 Miss Taylor married Richard N. Taylor.
|Previous Flag||Next Flag|
Return to Flag index
To Civil War Military records
To Willis Brewer's Brief Historical Sketches of Alabama Units
To Civil War Unit History files
Return to ADAH homepage
Updated: January 24, 2008